Friday 20 February 2009

Hmph. I'm bored and at work. I work for a student lettings company and right now its not the busiest of times for student lettings.
So I'm sat in a show flat, having been left to my own devices since 10am this morning.

Met my other halfs parents properly for the first time last night. I've met them before in passing, but this was FOOD AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I was so nervous!
I guess partly because they're mormons, and everyone always makes such a big deal about Tom being an ex mormon - and I've never really met any mormons before, they don't usually pop up on my radar that often - so I didn't know quite what to expect.

I knew not to swear or start shouting "Oh my God" at every given opportunity but thats really just common sense, I wouldn't do that to anyone the first time I met them, never mind parental shaped things (this does exclude corp, of course. normal rules do not apply there!)

Anyway, they were, well, normal people. I don't know why I was so nervous. I got the mick royally taken for being a Sheffield United fan (damn Owls fans) but I managed not to bugger up too much, which is pretty impressive for me as I have this unbelieveable talent for living with my foot firmly shoved into my gob.

I had a really good night, Sora, Tom's daughter, was unbelieveably cute. It was like she ramped up the cuteness factor to saccharine levels to show off to Granny and Grandpa, including sitting on my lap and bouncing up and down, and holding onto my finger while having her bottle for bed time, neither of which she's done before.

I was also the responsible one last night, which was absolutely nerve wrecking! I'm still a little unsure of myself sometimes when it comes to Sora, cos I've come into her life now, and I guess I just want to do things right, but Tom was sleeping on the couch and so I was the one in the room next to her. You'll be pleased to know that I managed not to kill anyone, and actually did a pretty good job!

Apart from waking up at 5.30 this morning to Sora singing to me lol!

She's been a lot better this week that she's been with Tom full time, she's not as bothered when he leaves the room and she seems more happy and settled to be with us. She's not constantly clinging onto Tom and she seems to be spening more time having fin and interacting.

She's also sleeping better, which is a godsend!

Anyway, I'm boring myself now. No news on the Dad front. I'm gonna have to wait till I get paid on Friday to resume, as most record searching places make you pay through the nose. Damn them. Grr!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for deciding to follow my blog. I am getting to know yours and have an award for you over at my place. When you have a chance, come and collect it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ~ Thank you for following my blog also. I enjoyed my visit to your place and I wish you only the best in your quest. Take care.

    ReplyDelete