Thursday 19 February 2009

A little background to this thing

Well, Ok, so I decided to do this for myself rather than anyone else, but its always good to have a little bit of back ground to these things.This is me:

























I'm Kai, I'm 21 years old and I'm from Sheffield. There's nothing special about me, in fact I'm frighteningly average. I have no special talents (well, none i can post on Blogger anyway) and I dont think I'm ever going to be remembered for doing anything particularly great or spectacular. A couple of days ago I decided to look for this man:





































This is my dad, Dave "Mad Dog" Roberts. I have little to no information about him apart from what I can remember and what my mum and I have sat and talked about. Let me give you a little bit of background information. One day, about 13 years ago (to be honest thats an estimate: a lot of that time I can't remember, I seem to have blocked it all out) my mum and step dad at the time went to drop me off at my dads. He wasn't there. No one knew where he had gone and no one could tell me anything. His wife, Eunice, dropped maybe a quarter of my stuff at my mum's. He'd gotten rid of the rest. I'm still bitter about losing my first ever cuddly wolf, Flo.


I put him out of my mind as I got older. To all intents and purposes, I had no father. But I've never called anyone else dad, it just doesn't feel right. I'm not saying this man is a nice person, in fact from what I know nothing could be further from the truth. But I guess thats the main point here, really. I wanna know the truth. I wanna look him in the face and ask him why. Why he'd leave me. And why he had to do all the things that he did until he left.


I guess i'm writing this because its gonna be hard, and its already made me start quesioning myself and looking at myself and my behavior over the years and how much is attributed to my upbringing (or lack of in some cases) and I'm gonna need to get it out. Also, I hope if I ever do find him (which is appearing to be quite a difficult task) I wanna be able to show him hwo much work I've put into this and why.

So yeah, T minus 0 days and counting. We have liftoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment